Career Position Description
Reports to: Kitchen Manager
Summary of Position:
Accurately and efficiently bake products and other bakery products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to baking. Also preform other duties in the areas of food and final preparation including garnishing of baed items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all bakery items.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare a variety of bakery and other food items in ovens, and a variety of other kitchen equipment according to restaurants standardized recipes.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Know and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, baking methods, quality standards and bakery rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at bakery stations to assure a smooth production.
- Portions food products prior to baking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, convention oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares items for baking, frying, or other cooking methods by portioning.
- Follows proper bakery presentation and garnish set up for all baked goods.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in bakery prep assignments durning off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the bakery properly and follows the closing checklist for bakery stations. Assists others in closing the bakery.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Preforms other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in bakery preparation.
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Be able to work in hot, wet, humid and loud environment for long periods of time.
- Be physically able to lift, reach, bend and stoop.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Must have exceptional hygiene and grooming habits.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principle functions of this position, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the general scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the work load, gain additional experience to further the individual’s professional development.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Odell's Gluten Free Bakery Ltd. policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job titles without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, gender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, age, medical condition, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by law.